Nyungwe Chimpanzee Tracking Adventure in Rwanda
The 2 Day Nyungwe Chimpanzee tracking leads us into Nyungwe Forest National Park, which is the best preserved Montane Rainforest in central Africa and a natural habitat to a wide diversity of animals. Nyungwe Forest is home to 13 primate species, 275 bird species, 1068 plant species and 38 reptile species thus making it a haven for animal and nature lovers. The par was established in 2004 and it did not take a long time for it to turn into one of Rwanda’s top Chimpanzee tracking destination.
- Day 1: Transfer from Kigali to Nyungwe Forest National Park
- Day 2: Chimpanzee tracking in the morning and afternoon transfer back to Kigali
Day 1: Transfer from Kigali to Nyungwe Forest National Park
After your early Nyungwe Chimpanzee tracking morning breakfast we shall transfer south to Nyungwe Forest National Park. The drive will approximately last 5 hours after which we shall check into the Uwinka visitors centre in Nyungwe Forest for registration prior to embarking on an afternoon canopy walk.
After the nature and canopy walk that normally lasts 2 hours you will retreat to your lodge/hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 2: Chimpanzee tracking in the morning and afternoon transfer back to Kigali
Early morning breakfast will be served at the lodge after which you will head to the park headquarters for briefing at 8am.
Nyungwe Chimpanzee tracking will last anywhere between 2-5 hours inclusive of a one hour close encounter with the chimps as you observe them in their natural habitat feeding and playing in the tree branches.
After your morning Chimpanzee tracking expedition you will return to the lodge to prepare for your drive back to Kigali.
END OF TOUR
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Airport transfers on first and last day,
- Transport in a 4×4 safari vehicle
- Services of an English speaking driver guide
- Fuel for the whole trip
- Accommodation and meal plan as per the itinerary
- Nyungwe Chimpanzee tracking Permit
- Drinking water while in the vehicle
WHAT IS EXCLUDED
- Pre and post tour accommodation
- International airfares
- Rwanda Visa (USD50.00 which can be paid on arrival at the Airport
- Personal items for example drinks and laundry
- Tips and Gratuity